Our Income Protection is currently not available for purchase. If you have a client who is an existing policyholder, we'd like to assure you that they are not affected by the changes in availability of this product, and can continue to claim in line with the terms and conditions of their current policy.
We all have a need to fund and maintain a lifestyle for ourselves and any family.
Whether it’s a monthly loan repayment, two weeks in the sun or something more run-of-the-mill like the weekly shop it all comes from one source, our income. What would your clients do if their income unexpectedly stopped?
An accident, sickness or redundancy could, unfortunately, happen to any of us at any time.
Our Income Protection, IncomeShield, is designed to give your client's peace of mind that, if the worst happens, they’ll be able to continue to support their cost of living and keep control of their lifestyle for either 12 or 24 months.
- Monthly tax-free income of up to £2,000 or 65% of their gross monthly income (whichever is lower)
- Not linked to a credit agreement, keeping them in control of how they use it
- Choice of 5 'Qualification Periods' allows them to decide when their cover starts
- Free legal assistance for employment and accident disputes supplied by Property Guard, a trading name of Motorplus Limited
- Carer cover and back-to-work support included as part of our unemployment cover
We want to let you know...
As with all insurance policies there are circumstances when cover can't be offered or a claim paid. For example, any sickness within the initial exclusion period and any pre-existing medical condition that your clients haven't been symptom-free from in the 12 months before the policy start date.
These are only examples. For full details of what's covered and what's not covered, please read our Income Protection policy document. Alternatively, you can find further information in our Insurance Product Information Document (IPID) for Income Protection.