Home Insurance - Eligibility


For your client to be eligible to take out our Home Insurance policy we ask that the property to be insured:

  • Is a residential property in the UK
  • Will be occupied permanently by your client and their family and isn't used for any business or professional purposes other than clerical work undertaken by your client and their family
  • Hasn't been affected by subsidence, landslip or heave
  • Hasn't been flooded in the last 10 years
  • Isn't left unoccupied for more than 60 days in a row

We also ask that your client or any member of their family:

  • Hasn't had home insurance cancelled, declined or declared void
  • Declare any previous insurance claims from the last 5 years
  • Hasn't been convicted of any criminal offence other than motoring convictions or any offences which are spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974

We want to let you know...

As with all home insurance policies there are circumstances when cover can't be offered or a claim paid. For example, any loss or damage caused by wet or dry rot and any loss or damage of any kind cause by or resulting from wear and tear.

These are only examples. For full details of what's covered and what's not covered please read our Home Insurance policy document. Alternatively you can find further information in our Insurance Product Information Document (IPID) for Home Insurance.

The cover limits mentioned on this page are in reference to our new Home Insurance product that was launched on 19 December 2016.

Need Help?

  • Call our BROKER SUPPORT TEAM on 0345 0615 100
  • Monday - Friday
    9am - 5pm